March 26, 2009

"On heaven's golden shores we'll lay our heads"

"Write about a song that reminds you of someone, then state why."

Every time I hear the song "Golden" by My Morning Jacket, I think of Lindsay.
Not really the entire song, but there's a specific part that reminds me of her and it goes like this:
"You, you always told me / No matter how long it holds me / If it falls apart or makes us millionaires / You'll be right here forever / Go through this thing together / And on heaven's golden shores lay our heads."

This quote reminds me of Lindsay because this girl single-handedly got me through the most miserable days of my life to date. And I feel guilty that I never acknowledged the part she played in getting me back on track, or that I have never been able to return the help. The day the shit hit the fan, she was the one I called and she was the one that told me that in time, I would pick myself back up again and move on, just like before, and she was right.
Lindsay spent days and nights listening to me sort through my problems out loud on the top level of the parking lot as we rocked back and forth on our skateboards, offering up advice and reasoning even though time and again I couldn't hear what she was really saying. In the end, I think it's important to note that Lindsey taught me that everything happens for a reason, and that in the end, it will all work out the way it's supposed to.
I came out on the other side better and stronger than I was before and a lot credit goes to Lindsay for that, simply because she was a good friend to me when I needed it most.
Although I don't adhere to all aspects of the Christian religion, Jesus can feel free to approach me if there is any speculation at all over Lindsay's character. I will personally vouch for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment